Monday, October 8, 2007

Nosebleed

My music tastes have become even more narrow than usual. For the past two weeks I really haven't listened to anything other than Deftones, Thrice, and Portishead. There are two reasons for this: my iPod needs new batteries and refuses to turn on, and YouTube has an enormous amount of live Deftones videos. Nosebleed is probably their best live song from before White Pony (when Chino destroyed his voice). It's frustrating that their best recorded material came after he lost his voice. But at least we got Team Sleep out of it.

Anyway.

I finished the cigar journal. It was very unimpressive. Actually, everything I've written this semester has been thoroughly mediocre. I feel as though I was really making a lot of ground last year with my prose and ideas, and something destroyed it over the summer. Of course, I'm not making some stupid new age claim that I have a need for divine inspiration, but I have always had trouble working with tight schedules unless I am also in a creative peak.

I'm two weeks behind in Second Life and have effectively fucked myself.

No comments: