Saturday, January 27, 2007

Well...

Two updates within ten minutes of one another...

The thing is, I slept all night sober, woke up early, and don't have much to do. So here's a poem for you.



She comes home drunk
warm buzz of smiles and brown hair
She smells like snow and shivering
Creak of my leather chair

She’s drunk and kisses so hard
Our teeth click together like
High schoolers with no sense

Laughs out beyond my door
Quiet blushed laughs- the lock clicks
Bottles ring and clatter glassy
Cans crushing- her voice muffled

No one beyond the door
Can hear her breathe whispers
Do you think?
Who could think with all these quiet laughs?

My shirt off and a tattoo
Black and old like a woodcutting
St. Michael across shaking ribs
Wings moving with each shared breath

And then the beautiful cleanse
Of the apocalypse, the end
The end of days and wonder
Atoms crushed and sent to the dust
Of stars as I taste her shoulder

No comments: