Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Teachers

Earlier today, well, ten minutes ago, I asked Razzle D. Dazzle what I should blog about. I asked him specifically because he told me my blog was getting a bit "gay." My apologies if anyone agrees with him. By the way, I mean he meant gay in the new detached sense of "silly or lame" rather than a "blog for homosexuals."

He gave me quite a long list of topics he wanted to see my thoughts on, but the one that caught my attention immediately was--"Which teacher do you want to have sex with?" Oddly enough I had already been giving teachers a lot of thought lately, though not in the sense he was asking me about.

Ray's blog is all about teaching. A few of my professors keep suggesting Teaching to me as a possible job, or something to do in Grad school. I just finished reading a book by Neal Boortz where he quite deftly discusses the dangers of unionized teachers and government schools (also known as Public schools).

I can honestly say that the vast majority of teachers are worthless and are only in place to keep certain ideas moving, keep their jobs, and keep a stranglehold on education. Excellent teachers who promote free thought and originality are the exception and not the rule and I am sick of everyone's junior high essay about the teacher who changed their lives. IF YOU WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT, CHANCES ARE YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THESE EXCEPTIONS. Although, I must add, the teachers from my actual concentration here in SUNY Cortland have all affected me for the better.

Back to the burning question: which teacher would I have sex with. This was funny because everyone has actually heard a story where I did already have sex with a teacher. And, when you consider that I go to school with quite a few future teachers, it's safely assumed that I have had sex with quite a few women who will be considered, in the very near future, teachers. But currently? I haven't had one teacher here that really got me going.

Isn't that disappointing? It's one of the most common adolescent fantasies I'd say, and judging by the number of websites you can find on this fetish (RESEARCH) it continues to preoccupy the minds of many. If it was going to happen for anyone I'd say their best chances are in College. So if anyone asks me what one of my regrets about College is after I graduate, I can't really say "I didn't party enough." I did. I can't say "I chose the wrong major." I love my major, and I love the friends I have in it.

"I didn't have a really hot teacher."

1 comment:

rayhedrick said...

you should read this at Scholar's Day